Friday, January 6, 2012

From This Moment On

Ok, so we've all got our new year's resolutions and how many of us have already failed at them? Let me be the first to say that one person would be myself. I just hit the highest weight of my life... Again. It's been so long since I've felt comfortable in my body and confident in the way I look. So I'm going to try and get back on track to a healthy lifestyle. Yes, a healthy lifestyle and NOT a diet. I need to reprogram myself to make better choices when it comes to food and learn how to limit myself with portions and not just have that oh well attitude.

Last night I read Nancy Valentino's book, Embracing The Change and I felt myself completely relating to this woman. We both come from a Hispanic background and I feel like we've both found ourselves in that situation where some people thought we weren't Hispanic enough because we have light skin and didn't speak Spanish. I myself have gone though that and also had such an identity issue with myself and my heritage. I started to feel this bond immediately and couldn't stop reading.

Mrs. Valentino is an inspiration to this day and hopefully more to come where I make those healthier decisions and find myself again. So this day was brought to you by Michelle and inspired by Nancy :-)





This morning I started with scrambled eggs with diced red and green bell peppers and red onion. To add a little crunch and texture to my breakfast I added half of diced corn tortilla and cooked them in with the veggies. The are diced so small that they cook rather quickly. I know I would probably be better off without this addition but I like the added texture and I'm taking small steps here lol. I topped the eggs with 1/4 of a slice of American cheese (diced) and sprinkled homemade salsa on top. For added crunchiness I also cooked half of a regular tortilla. Next grocery trip I will buy whole wheat and still only use half it. On the side I had 1/3 of a grapefruit and topped it with fat free whip cream.My beverage of choice was a cup of vanilla tea with a side of my lemon water. This sweet and salty breakfast creation satisfied my taste buds and left me satisfied. Cheers to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment